Tuesday, May 26, 2009

This Past Year in a Nutshell

Well, a year has gone by without updating our blog. Sorry about that! At one point, late in '08 I updated it with pictures and everything. However, before I published it, our computer went down and I lost it all. It had taken me so long to put all of that together that I was discouraged to do it again. But today is a new day! Here is a short overview of major events since the last entry...


May


We went to Coulee City's Last Stand Rodeo (now we want to be cowpokes when we grow up)


June


Bev went to California to visit family & friends and also to attend Jeremy Matlock's wedding,


Bev went to Mississippi for the birth of our granddaughter, Mahaila Jo Mena.


August


We spent 2 weeks camping at Lake Chopaka,


We had a visit from Mom, Dad, and sister Janet


October


Bev went to Calif. for the 15th Annual Dan Vasquez Memorial Golf Classic,



We bought a house (a repo fixer-upper)



November


We had Thanksgiving at Troy & Emily's house and saw our first snow



December


We had our first Christmas being married in our new house,


Jody came and spent 2 weeks with us after Christmas


February


We went to Mississippi and surprised Jenny and the kids (Steven was in on the surprise)


March


Bev went to California for Johnny Vasquez's funeral,


We spent a week in Leavenworth, Washington for Ray's work conference,


We celebrated our 1st Wedding Anniversary by spending the weekend in Seattle


April


We went to Iowa to see our new granddaughter, Finch Adalene Vasquez, and Jody and Jenny & family all came and we had fun and spent Easter together,


Our basement flooded ):



May


Ray ran in the 2009 12k Bloomsday Race,


We went to California to visit family,


We planted our garden and look forward to the harvest,


We just got back from a weekend in the mountains north of Spokane, chopping wood for the winter.


Whewwww! Now that you are caught up with our lives this past year, I hope to stay on top of things and blog on a regular basis. (:

2 Comments:

Blogger dannyandjessie said...

Yeah, an update. Thanks!! Now you just need photos! I'm bad at updating too. I have to do it at night, and I'd rather be sleeping!!! Love you guys.

May 26, 2009 at 8:11 PM  
Blogger Jody Lynn said...

FINALLY!!!! :)
Thanks for updating your blog...it was nice having the year recap. Geez you sure did travel alot! LUCKY! :) Love you!

May 27, 2009 at 12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home