Monday, March 15, 2010

To Catch You Up!

Well, as you know...I'm not very good at updating our blog. I have good intentions, but have a terrible time actually following through. But I'm going to try to update you on the last few months, in a nutshell. So here it goes...
I, Bev, went to Iowa in November to visit Danny & family. I had a wonderful time just kicking back with the family. We didn't have an agenda and we didn't make a full schedule of events this time. It was so wonderful hanging around the house and watching the kids play. Townes is a kick and was very entertaining. Finch is growing out of the baby stage and it was fun watching her crawl everywhere and interacting with Townes. I had a GREAT time! We also celebrated Christmas while I was there, since we wouldn't see each other in Dec. It was fun exchanging gifts and very fun watching Townes...he loves surprises!

In December I went to Mississippi for the arrival of our 8th grandchild. Jenny was due on the 15th so I went on the 13th, hoping I would get there in time for the arrival. We had a wonderful time waiting for the baby. Since it was Christmas time, we did Christmassy things...like bake, wrap presents, go caroling, etc. It was a fun time to be with all the kids. They love the anticipation of Christmas and so do I. Ray flew in on the 23rd to join us all for Christmas, and we were still waiting for the baby's arrival. Christmas was so much fun and I'm so glad we got to spend it with our kids and grandkids. Who would have thought the baby wouldn't come until after Christmas!!!!!! On Dec. 26th, Jed arrived. Jenny has home births so we never left home. The only hard part of this was that he waited so long to come, we only had one full day with him before we had to leave. Jenny has sent pictures so we have been able to see how much he has grown. We are looking forward to our next visits to both Iowa and Mississippi!

A couple of days after we got home from Mississippi, I pinched a nerve in my neck and was in a lot of pain plus my left arm went numb. At the same time, our basement flooded (for the second time) and the stress of everything gave me hives. When the hives went away, about a day later, I noticed some peculiar bumps. They were on the same side as my pinched nerve and the pain I was experiencing. Come to find out, I had Shingles. Needless to say, the month of January was a VERY painful month for me. So painful that I was unable to move or even think straight. I was going to the Chiropractor daily as well as my doctor on occasion. I was loaded up with meds, including narcotics for the pain. Ray was a life saver, he made sure I had my meds at the right time and that I had food to eat with them. He did everything that month...cleaning, cooking, washing clothes, being my personal nurse...absolutely everything! He took such good care of me!

February came and I was on the road to recovery. My Shingles were gone and my pinched nerve was much better. So, I decided to go to California to help move mom and dad from their mobile home to their new apartment in Yucaipa. They moved about 5 min. from my sister Janet and now she will be able to help them whenever needed. She's able to take them to their doctor visits, sort their medications, and well...just be there for them. All of us other kids wish we were closer so we could help but since we aren't, it's great that Jan is willing to take on the responsibility. It's nice too that my brother David is only a couple hours away and can visit often. He has always been a big help also. We really appreciate all they both are able to do. Of course it's so wonderful to stay with Jody while I'm there!!! We have so much fun together. I love hanging out with her. While I was there, Danny and his family along with Jessie's parents came to California to visit as well. They were doing some business in Arizona and decided to drive over for a couple of days before returning to Iowa. It was so nice to see all of them! Townes and Finch are growing up so fast. It's just not right that we all live so far away from each other!!! Mom, Dad, and Jody live in Calif., Danny, Jessie, Townes and Finch live in Iowa, and Jenny, Steven, Jake, Zack, Ben, Sam, Hailey Jo, and Jed live in Mississippi, while Ray & I live in Washington. We're so happy that Troy, Emily, and Kae live in Washington too, however not close enough to us. We would love to see them more often. I still think the best solution is for us to all live together on a few hundred acres, where we can each build a home secluded from each other, yet close enough for activities, babysitting, help when needed, and just plain fun. I'm serious!!!!!!!!!!

I came home from Calif. on March 4th and was home long enough to unpack, wash clothes, and then pack again. We left for Ray's annual ICC Seminars in Leavenworth, Wa. It's so beautiful up there in the Cascade Mountains. The seminars were at the Enzian Inn and our room for three nights is paid for, except we pay $10 a night for me to be there. The Enzian includes a full breakfast each morning, and it's so wonderful. They make omelets right there just the way you want them, plus so many more breakfast items you can choose from. And, of course, they have their pastries that are wonderful. ICC paid for everyone's lunches, including their spouses, so all we had to worry about was dinner. Ray had an expense account for that and we shared a lot, which is what we usually do anyway. One night the ICC chapter paid for everyone's dinner, including spouses, at a nice restaurant downtown. Leavenworth is a small Bavarian town nestled amongst mountains on all sides. It's very quaint and has breathtaking views. At the Enzian, our meals were on the top floor with windows all around so that you have an amazing view while eating. It's a fun place to go shopping too, however, it snowed one day and rained two more. Luckily I walked around the shops the first day, the only day of good weather. At night at the Enzian, they have a roaring fire going in the lobby fireplace with overstuffed couches and chairs all around. They have someone playing their baby grand piano every evening for a couple of hours so you can sit around the fire and enjoy the music. We had a very nice time and look forward to going back.

Well, I think I've given you an overview of the last few months. Hopefully, I will be blogging more often...but I remember saying that before. Wish me luck!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jody Lynn said...

Thanks for blogging again mom, it was nice reading about your adventures the last few months! Keep up the good work, and the fun traveling!!!

March 17, 2010 at 1:12 PM  
Blogger dannyandjessie said...

thanks for blogging. You need some photos up too!! BTW I found a great place to live, Greenville, TN. Check it out 475 acres for only 10.5 million!! :)

We could afford that right. You said you wanted it big enough for the whole family!!

check it out though amazing!!!
www.conversefarm.com

March 18, 2010 at 1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home